The mine shown here under construction in 1926-27 was located one-half mile west of the Jones Road Bridge over the Cedar River
This two-story home was built in the coal mining town of Franklin in 1910.
117 years ago, Franklin was a bustling company town
BD Band – Pacific Coast Coal Co. 1925
Coal miners with donned hats
Typical methane detector at the Rogers No. 3 mine in Ravensdale
Blue Canyon mine near Bellingham
This image of the Bellingham Coal Company’s mine was taken July 18, 1927 and is part of the Whatcom Museum’s J. Wilbur Sandison Collection, No. 5609.