Lanes in the project area, SR169 from Witte Road to SE 240th Street, have been re-striped and shifted to accommodate 2 southbound lanes and 1 northbound lane. Expect traffic delays.
Notice – April 18, 2019
As part of the City of Maple Valley’s commitment to develop and maintain a multi‐modal transportation system that is safe, economically and environmentally sustainable, and supports community livability, crews will soon begin work to widen and improve sections of SR 169.
Roadwork along SR 169 from Witte Road to SE 240th Street starts Monday, April 22nd. Construction activity will typically occur between 7am and 5pm Monday through Friday. Motorists are cautioned to observe and obey construction signs. Expect narrower lanes and lane shifts. The southbound bicycle lane will be merged with traﬃc. The center lane will be eliminated, resulting in potential turning restrictions.
Tree clearing and grading activities will run from 7am to 5pm Monday through Friday beginning Monday, April 29 for several weeks, which may create temporary delays for motorists.
- Curb, gutter, landscape strip, 6‐8′ wide sidewalk, intermittent retaining wall, and bicycle lane on east side of SR169
- A second northbound travel lane; center/left turn lane and planted median where warranted
- Water quality treatment and stormwater ﬂow control using low impact development facilities
- ADA compliant curb ramps at SE 240th and Witte Road SE crossings
- Channelization improvements along SR 169 and along SE 240th Street at SR 169
Project Flyer [PDF]
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Bill Bullock, City Engineer, at 425-413-8800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.