What: The Department of Veterans Affairs pay tribute to the service and sacrifice of the Veterans it honors in the area. The ceremony will include remarks by Consul Keer, Canadian Counsel for Political, Economic and Public Affairs and Brigadier General Boivin Deputy Commanding General, Operations, I Corps (Canada) and military honors.
The ceremony is open to the public.
Who: Speakers will include:
Keynote speech George Cannizzaro
Executive Assistant, Office of the Deputy Under Secretary for
Field Programs and Cemetery Operations
Who: Guest Speaker:
U.S. Representative Kim Schrier, M.D.
Washington District 8
- Gateway Band – Musical performance
- Washington National Guard and JBLM Canadian Detachment – Presentation of Colors / Honor Guard
- USN CWO (Retired) Joe LaVoie – Master of Ceremonies
- Lindsay Delmarter – National Anthem
- American Legion Post 15 of Kent – Military Honors Rifle Salute.
- Bernie Moskowitz, Jack Prindle and Jim Sailors – Triple Echo Taps
When: Monday, November 11, 2019 at 11:00 a.m.
Where: Tahoma National Cemetery Main Flag Pole Assembly Area. The Stearman Group will provide a fly-over to start the program (Weather Permitting) in WWI Vintage Bi-planes at 11:05am led by Pilot Rich Aldridge.
Parking: Parking space is limited in the cemetery. Plan to walk to and from your parking spot to the ceremony.
*Mobility impaired users with handicap tags can drop off passengers at the flag pole and proceed to designated special parking where a shuttle will take drivers to the ceremony assembly area.
**Media parking is available on-site but must check in with Administration upon arrival.
Contact: Thomas Yokes, Cemetery Director
Office: Phone number 425-413-9614 / email@example.com